Friday 13 September 2013

#822

A: How's your holiday in England going?

B: Terrible! No one told me about the currency, so I have to go fishing.

A: What? Why?

B: I tried to buy some food and the guy in the shop said that it would cost six squid.

A: You mean quid.

B: Well, hark at the naysayer. I will not quit. I will catch a squid. Or three hundred.

A: Quid means pound. The currency is pounds.

B: Pounds? How can pounds possibly be a currency? How many are there in England? How many squid do I need to catch to buy a whole pound? If I just round up a bunch of stray animals, will that qualify as a pound? How many animals do you need before you can call it a pound?

A: You know what? Forget what I said. Go catch some squid. Use your tongue as bait.

B: I have some inkling of how it's done.

A: Do you now?

B: Get it? Inkling? Because of squid ink? I was eating some squid earlier today when I thought of that pun.

A: You were eating squid? How did you acquire it?

B: I bought it.

A: You did what?

B: Oh, yeah, I know what pounds and quid mean. I just wanted to make the squid and inkling pun. I guess you -

A: I hate you.

B: - took the bait.

No comments:

Post a Comment